VPM (Volleyball Pillar Management) Sports Club was formed in January 2011 and registered with the Sports Commission of Malaysia on 22nd September the same year, by a group of passionate volleyball lovers with the objective of promoting volleyball activities to all. The aim is to create more healthy living activities as well as getting more people to play the game of volleyball.
VPM is proud to have won the “Sports for All Award” presented by the Penang State Department for Youth & Sports. The Club was awarded the 2014 Champion in the Sports Association Category for being the most active and best managed organisation.
The Club is set to continue its plan to promote volleyball via 3 strategic approaches. 1st: “Rakan Muda” Project – implement volleyball programs that will benefit the younger generation (under 25 years). 2nd: “Rakan Sekolah” Project – supporting schools through technical assistance & expertise. 3rd: “Rakan Komuniti” Project – organise events for all levels in the community, from children to veterans. Moving forward, VPM is open to work with any other organisations to make volleyball a favourite sport.
We have organised numerous events and programs starting with court volleyball since our inception, and in year 2014 we have included beach volleyball into our portfolio. In year 2015, we have included children volleyball camps and coaching workshop as our events. Moving ahead, we have adopted the motto “We will do it Better!” Our intention is to continue to promote awareness and raise enthusiasm amongst people to adopt sports as a living culture.
To realise VPM’s goals, we need people who are passionate, dedicated and committed to come and join us in making the game a success.
AS WE CONTINUE TO GROW . . . VOLLEYBALL!!!
Our Vision & Mission
We endeavor to be the most consistent club promoting value added volleyball activities.
Our Strategic Plans
- Create formidable partnership with schools, youth groups and the community.
- Establish close relationship with sponsors and government institutions.
- Form strong network with volleyball organizations locally and internationally.
Our Action Plans
- To continuously provide development programs for the youngsters.
- To initiate coaching and competition activities in the form of clinics, talent camps and age group tournaments.
- To promote and organize events for the community such as sports for all programs, veteran championship, coaches’ workshop and overseas goodwill games to strengthen relationship and network.
- To consciously create opportunities for members to learn, expose and develop for their self-improvement.